Saturday, February 21, 2009

If I were on Survivor...

I would show up dressed in pants with those zip of flegs, sneakers, t-shirt, sweatshirt, jacket and some nice thick undies and sport bra. I would bring my tankini with short type bottoms.

Seriously what is with the lacy flimsy bras, long thin cotton dresses. Maybe Survivor won't let them bring practical clothing. You would think after 13 prior seasons every survivor would show up in appropriate clothing knowing how the start fire with a flint, or without, and fishing skills. Have these people never seen the show before?

Why would I want to show my parts to the world? Cover-up people! Candace's bikini was the most impractical choice I have seen. There is now way that little top could contain those puppies during a physical challenge.

I also wonder why no one ever gets a sunburn. I assume they are supplied with all the sunscreen wanted just not on camera. I would have be a lobster after treking for 4 hours to the camp.

Nedless to say you will never see me on Survivor since while the money prize would be welcomed the physical excertion is not.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Margo, I have yet to see my tape of Thursday's show but the peep show has certainly gotten a lot of publicity since it aired. I guess some people like to show it off because they bring stuff to do just that. If Candace wanted to get her 15 minutes of fame, she got it!

Laurie said...

I am now watching the show and the competition was really something. I would not have survived that for sure. In fact, I may have bad dreams about my high school basketball games with the big girls. Ouch!

Sydney said...

yeah baby! I TOTALLY agree. I understand the one year that they told everyone they were going for publicity photos and made them live in those foe the entire time. I feel like people dressed more practically up until the All Stars.

Now I think people know that they might get endorsements, or host crappy TV shows on a lower cable channel OR get offered to shoot playboy so they are going to wear a hot bikini... I so would not do that. And I so would not even apply to Survivor.

With a fatal shellfish allergy and being a mosquito magnet, I would not last a millisecond out there. But it is still one of my favorite shows.

Though I have seen contestants get very badly burned in pervious seasons, so maybe the medic crew insists that people use those. But that would seem so UN survivor like and more like a polished game show. It has become a little more like that these days... they don't let people completely starve like they used to.. more food challenges these days. But somehow I can't see them slathering sunscreen on themselves each morning and editing it out.

Donna in Alabama said...

I think they encourage the big breasted women to wear skimmy clothing and promise them more air time in order to try to increase the ratings.

meb said...

I may be wrong, but I think more women watch these reality shows than men, so who are those skimpy clothed women playing to? Of course, I'm basing my opinion on who watches on the fact most of us on this blog are women.

Anyway, I can't imagine, even in my gorgeous body years, that I would put it out there like that. I know what you're thinking... stop it! I was gorgeous, just ask me.