Friday, February 6, 2009

It's My First!

Hi all -

Welcome to my blog.

A little about me:

I am in my 40's, single and happy that way. I have 2 very bad rescued min pin's , Angel & Pumpkin. I am addicted to TV. I love live theatre, going to movies, eating out, reading and gardening. I have traveled to Australia twice, New Zealand (no I did not bungy jump), London 4 times (I did see the Queen ,in a parade,on my first visit), Austria and Germany (but 1 was 12 so not many memories).

I love the cyber community I have come to know from Jackie's blog. It is an amazing feeling to get to know people without meeting in person. I am constantly amazed by the lives some of these people have lived.

Me - I have lived in the same house all my life. I have 2 sisters who are married and have kids - so I am the crazy Aunt I guess. We vacationed at the same place and house on the Outer Banks of NC all of my growing years. The house was taken off the rental market so we have stayed at several beachfront houses in the years since childhood. I still love going to the beach, but we no longer go every year.

My goal is to someday be a Lady of Leisure. I would love to not HAVE to work everyday. I could make appointments any day or time, I could take off on vacation whenever I wanted. I could sleep till 9am.

Another dream is to run my own toy store. My first job was at a variety store that sold a little of everything and was known to have that hard to find toy every Christmas. I have always loved toys. I have the old toys from my Grandmothers house - you know the cool old wooden ones. I also love stuffed animals. I have hundreds - it's sad I know, but they are soo cuddly.

So there is a little about me - a kid that never really grew up.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogging, Margo! I saw a dog today, which was unusual for me, that sounds just like your two. It (boy or girl I don't know?) was sitting with ears perked up and front feet together watching some children in a neighboring yard. You'll have to tell us about your two and how they came to live with you. I was a toy buyer a long time ago and loved going to the trade shows. But, the antique ones are the best.

Jackie S. said...

Very nice, Margo! I never knew that you have lived in the same house all your life!

Donna in Alabama said...

Hey Margo, glad you joined the blogging community. I don't blog that often but I read everyone else's. I look forward to reading more about you.

I think the WV program picks up words in our blogs to make the words. Mine is dogesib. How many times did I use the word word in that first sentence? ha ha

Sydney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sydney said...

wheeee Margo!!!! yaya, great to see you in print!

I've lived all over and some think that's exciting, but I'm starting to feel a bit weary of NOT being in one place I can call home. I think it's quite cool to be able to say you've lived in the same house all your life. While I know both styles have their plusses and drawbacks, I would look forward to hearing what those are/have been for you.

meb said...

Great to see your post Margo. We are a complete bunch of cyber-friends who are there for each other and we just enjoy "talking" with each
other.

Wow, same house all your life. I think that's great... not sure, since I've lived in numerous places in my lifetime. Apex, NC is where I am now... where are you? Or were you just vacationing here?

Keep posting... fun to follow. Go to my blog too and follow along.

Tom Myler (scoodog) said...

Margo, I think it's beneficial to one's life to never grow up too much! Life is is to be lived, and it sounds like you are living it nicely. I think I'm going to enjoy your blog!

Tom