Thursday, February 12, 2009

Cupid


Saturday is Valentine's Day.


It doesn't excite me so much cause I have no Valentine. My Mom and I have been known to partake in a heart shaped pizza. They taste the same as a round one but the have less to eat cause they have been cut into a heart. The first year I got one I went to a local pizza place, Imo's. I had seen ads for them available at Imo's. I forgot to read the small print which said "at participating locations". I went to the location closest to me and was given such a look - like are you crazy. The kind young man behind the counter said he could make me one but he would have to charge me the regular price for a large pizza. He then made me my half sausage half pepperonni pizza and cut a triangle out of the top and 2 half circles off the lower half. Not the most perfect heart - but it was still cute. Papa Johns is offering heart pizza this year and they make the crust shaped like a heart so it starts out that way and doesn't need to be cut. We had these last year but they were smaller so we each got our own. They sell them 2 - 1 topping for 19.99 with a coupon.
What are you doing for Valentine's Day?


4 comments:

meb said...

Alas, I have no valentine either. Actually, that's a good thing. I don't have to spend a bunch of money for a gift. Am I cheap or what?

My granddaughter always buys something little for everyone, her two brothers, her mom and me. I never think to get her something back. Maybe I will this year.

Someone gave me a chocolate covered strawberry, and the strawberry was so big and juicy, that it took forever to eat. I was in complete ecstasy.

Happy Valentines Day!

Jackie S. said...

I'm working! Yay me.
;-)

Laurie said...

So nice to see you have your own blog. Now I know a bit more about my TAR partner. We could WIN!

My Valentine's day was quiet for me. I spent most of it in bed (and not in a fun way). Antibiotics are my friend and I'm feeling much better this afternoon.

I have to ask, what are mini pins? I'm sure they are dogs, but what kinds? I'm a dog lover so tell me all about these pups!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to join the TAR pool, but I want to join! You can email me at thedustylife at gmail dot com

Thank you,

Dusty